Kagan Cooperative Learning 2-Day Workshop
Aug 09, 2017 at 10:00 am
This is a multi-day event.
$600.00 (Limited seats!)
(includes lunch, which is not prepared in a nut/gluten-free environment)
Edmonton (St. Peter's Learning Services Innovation)
7330 113 Street NW
Who should attend
Grades K-12 Classroom Teachers and School Administrators
About this learning opportunity
"The Kagan Structures have proven themselves effective teaching and learning tools for cooperative learning, multiple intelligences, character education, language learning, and emotional intelligence for all grade levels."
We know the number one key to success in school is quality instruction. And the number one key to quality instruction is actively engaging students. It's all about engagement! This workshop offers the world-famous Kagan Structures that boost engagement and learning for all students. Experience first-hand the power of the Kagan approach and come away with practical and proven strategies that you can really use tomorrow!
- Pump up the fun, friendships, and liking for learning and each other with Classbuilding and Teambuilding
- Experience why group work simply doesn't work for everyone, and why Kagan Structures do
- Save valuable time and energy with easy-to-use structures that make lesson planning a snap
- Keep students on task and effectively manage disruptions with engaging structures
- Master the different types of pairs and teams, how to form them, and when to use them
- Provide students the will to work together and the skills to do so successfully
- Take away hot management tips that will make managing your cooperative class a snap
- Fully understand and implement basic principles that spell success for your students
- Create an environment where all students are accountable for complete engagement, everyday
“Awesome content! I cannot wait to turn the group work I’ve been doing into interactive, productive cooperative learning. Thank you for a worthwhile professional development that will benefit us as teachers/educators and most importantly help close the achievement gap for our sweet students.” —Terra Altman, Teacher
This session is being offered on a cost recovery basis.